1. Sprinkle the eggplant with two teaspoons of salt and set aside the bitter juices.
2. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a saucepan (pan) and put the onion.
Add the chopped tomatoes, the rest of the salt and a little pepper. Boil covered for 10-15 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and add the basil.
3. Rinse the eggplant slices and drain well. Dry with a paper towel and then sprinkle with flour.
Heat half the oil in the pan and fry the eggplant for two to three minutes on both sides. Do the same with the rest of the eggplant, adding oil when needed.
4. Place a layer of eggplant on the bottom of a tray (round), sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, 3/4 of the feta cheese and a third of the tomato sauce. Again the last layer of eggplant, Parmesan cheese, tomato sauce and the rest of the feta cheese on top for decoration.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
So many tastes!
Eggplant parmesan, classic Italian recipe
Eggplant Parmesan, classic italian recipe (eggplant parmesan) is a kind of eggplant mousse with cheese, a recipe extremely well known and appreciated in the Peninsula. It's a kind of nutmeg, tender layers of eggplant, tomato sauce, parmesan and cheese (mozzarella, caciotta or Ementaller), all baked in the oven. A madness of tastes !! You can't imagine how tasty the combination of eggplant jam, tomato acidity and cheese flavor is. Warm, everything is soft and spreads in a delicious way, and cold, you can see the layers of eggplant, tomatoes and cheese, all tastes are perfectly harmonized & hellip.
Eggplant parmesan is a recipe that comes from rural areas of Italy, Emilia Romagna, Campania and Sicily. Although the name of this dish seems to be given by the Parmesan cheese used generously, the name "PARMIGIANA" comes from its layered appearance, which resembles the wooden shutters (blinds) that are on the windows of Italian houses. The true and undisputed homeland of the eggplant Parmigiana recipe is Sicily, a hot province in lower Italy - at the foot of the boot. An area with rich traditions not only culinary, in this area everything is respected with great strictness: cuisine, traditions, family, interpersonal relationships.
Sursa informatiilor: Il grande libro di cucina, retetar din 1956 si Cuciniere delle regioni italiane.
More authentic Italian recipes , collected from old books or from the locals, find HERE . You will find recipes for food, sweets, pizza, sauces, pasta, with many secrets revealed.
Melitzanopita & # 8211 Eggplant and feta cheese pie
Without any false modesty, now that I am writing this recipe, I can honestly tell you that I am about to give it a go, I ate 6 slices of this pie and I think that although I am full, I would eat at least one more!
Now I still make pies, cakes and other things, but I tell you that I have never eaten a better pie like this, eggplant pie & # 8230 doesn't sound very inviting, but it is so good that it has entered the family menu.
It's so easy, the ingredients are very simple and available to anyone, we find them in any supermarket, even in the corner store, the result being truly extraordinary.
Stay tuned for the list of ingredients and how to prepare the best salted pie with baked eggplant, peppers and feta cheese, with Mediterranean origins, more precisely from Greece.
You can try other commercial pie pies that are just as easy to make.
- 2.5 kg of eggplant
- 500 g capsicum, I used half capsicum and half Romanian bell pepper
- 1-2 hot red peppers preferably, as hot as you like
- 300 g onions
- 100 ml of olive oil
- 350 g feta cheese
- 250 g slightly more ripened cheese
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 5 eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1.5 packets of pie sheets
- 150 g butter
- Salt, only if needed, feta cheese can be very salty, as I hit it
Method of preparation:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
We clean the onion and the pepper, we wash them, we chop the onion finely and the pepper a little bigger. Put them to harden in olive oil, add a little salt and cook for about 10 minutes on low heat, until the water softens and evaporates.
Bake the eggplants, peel them, drain them and then chop them coarsely.
Grate the cheese and crush the feta cheese.
In a large bowl, place the eggplant, cheese, eggs, breadcrumbs, parsley, hardened onions and mix well. If necessary, we can add more salt, unfortunately I put it before tasting, I didn't think the girl was so salty.
In a tray lined with baking paper put 10-12 sheets of pie greased with butter, add the eggplant composition, smooth and put the rest of the sheets also greased with butter.
Using a serrated knife, slice the pie and bake it for 55-60 minutes at 180 degrees.
Remove from the oven and leave to warm, just in case you have patience! So I wish you good work and good appetite !!
Preparation Eggplants stuffed with baked cheese
Cracking and baking stuffed eggplants
I heated the oven to 220 C (high for gas). I chose a beautiful, large and ripe eggplant. I washed it with cold water and wiped it well. I split it long and got two halves. With the tip of the knife I cut the core (quite deep) forming a rhombus recipe. I was careful not to pierce the shell.
With a brush I thoroughly greased the eggplant notched with olive oil, insisting on cracks. They must be well soaked in oil. I sprinkled them with aromatic herbs (I used only dried basil) and a little coarse salt. I placed them in a heat-resistant form greased with a little olive oil and put them in the hot oven for 30 minutes.
I can't tell you what flavors I have in the kitchen! This is what the eggplant looks like after approx. 30 minutes at 220 C. Romanian and fine! Almost done.
Cheese topping with garlic and baked peppers
The cream cheese is made like this (in short): bake the kapia pepper, peel it and chop the pieces. Crush the cheese and mix with the baked pepper, garlic and a little yogurt. See here the whole recipe in detail.
I lightly pressed the soft and baked eggplant core with the back of the spoon to make some room for the cream cheese. I divided the cream evenly over the two halves of the eggplant and spread it evenly.
I reshaped the oven but reduced the heat to 180 C (average for gas). It doesn't take long from now on. In about 15 minutes I'm ready! All you have to do is lightly brown the cheese on the surface and let the flavors blend in a little.
Eggplant possibly parmesan
First, the recipe. At the Mediterranean base, in itself just extraordinarily good on a summer day.
You need: 3 eggplants, a small stick or two balls of mozzarella, a bowl of grated cheese, ideally parmesan, pecorino that looks a bit like and is more accessible or even harsher cheese, 300 ml tomato puree, 2- 3 cloves of garlic, a handful of basil leaves.
Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic and 4 finely chopped basil leaves in a pan. Allow them to simmer for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the tomato puree and simmer together for 10 minutes, not forgetting to season lightly with salt, pepper and a teaspoon of sugar.
Peel a squash, grate it and slice it. Salt them and let them drain for at least 10 minutes. Dab them with a napkin and fry them in a drop of oil on each side until they turn brown. Remove them from the wipes to remove excess oil.
In an oven dish no larger than 40 cm long, a Jena pot is ideal, start the construction of the small building. Spread a layer of tomato sauce on the base. Place the eggplant slices so that they cover the entire surface, season with salt and pepper. On top, slices of mozzarella, grated Parmesan cheese and basil leaves, again tomato sauce and so on until you get at least 3 layers of eggplant. The last layer should be mozzarella.
Bake for 30 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
Serve with a very good bread.
I believe that, beyond the obvious and undeniable need for the preservation of traditional recipes, in an open-ended society, it is also important to know, at least broadly, the cuisines of other nations. The majority Romanian consumer is, indeed, like the French, Italian, Spanish and of any other ethnicity, traditionalist. He will naturally consume at the daily table what was put on the table from his childhood, and he does well. The human organism is, and this truth no longer has an empirical character, adapted even from the point of view of food, to the space in which it has developed. Moreover, some research shows that this conditioning is not only national or paideumale, ie dependent on relief conditions, but even local, the consumption of foods exposed to the same common environment with the human element being more beneficial to good digestion and health. Obviously, this equation does not include pollution.
However, culturally speaking, it is pleasant and interesting to know a number of dishes from our immediate horizon, not only to intuit features of that civilization, but especially to vary, within the limits and edge of their own taste, the pleasant moment. of the table.
Beyond absolutely specific products, the kitchens of European countries resemble in the case of similar environmental conditions, the seaside countries having similar dishes to the identity, the mountainous areas sharing at distances of thousands of kilometers the pleasure of smoked meats and a little fat, and vegetable-friendly plains offering the same good oil blend with vegetables, cheeses and poultry.
The space of such an article does not allow the development of these ideas, but it wants an extremely small final argument and invitation to cook an incredibly fragrant, simple and friendly dish, originally from southern Italy, but so peasant that it is incapable. of chauvinistic speculations.
Eggplant rolls with feta cheese and tomatoes - surprise your guests with a delicious appetizer and easy to prepare!
Eggplant rolls stuffed with a mixture of feta cheese and tomatoes are a very simple and tasty dish, full of flavor, with a pleasant and decorative texture. You can serve these rolls as an appetizer at holiday meals or as a snack during the day.
It is a summer recipe, easy both in terms of preparation and number of calories. This salty flavor will surprise all guests and will quickly melt from the plate. We are absolutely convinced that you will like this excellent recipe.
-70 g of walnut kernels (halves)
-a small handful of parsley leaves
-1 clove of garlic (optional)
Method of preparation
1. Cut the eggplant along into 4-5 mm thick slices.
2. Heat the pan with a tablespoon of oil. Put the eggplants and fry them for 2 minutes on each side, until they are ready.
3. Place the eggplant on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and cut the pulp into thick strips. Put the feta cheese, greens, 1 clove of garlic given through the press (optional) and a tablespoon of olive oil in the blender. Chop until you get a paste.
4. Grease each eggplant slice with cheese paste, put a piece of tomato and half a walnut kernel and roll the rolls. Decorate them with parsley.
Greek eggplant salad with feta
Greek eggplant salad with feta it is a delicious recipe that I recommend to you.
For the recipe greek eggplant salad with feta you need some simple ingredients that you can find at any store.
It can be served with fresh bread or even on salted biscuits or as an appetizer.
If you liked this recipe, try Baba Ghanoush & # 8216
Eggplant Stuffed With Feta
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. With the help of a sharp knife, increase the inside of the eggplant halved. Put in a pan, along with tomatoes, onions and garlic. Sprinkle with olive oil, season, then bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
2. Remove the onion, tomatoes and garlic from the pan and transfer to a bowl. Put the eggplant halves in the oven and leave for another 10-15 minutes, until the inside is soft.
3. Remove the inside of the eggplant (keep the shells empty). Add to the bowl with the other vegetables. Mix lightly, add the feta and most of the dill. Season, then fill the eggplant shells with the mixture. Leave in the oven for another 15 minutes. Add the remaining dill and serve.
You have to see it too.
Eggplant stuffed with tomatoes and feta cheese & # 8211 All guests praised the recipe
Eggplants stuffed with tomatoes and feta cheese are very tasty. Every time I prepare them, my children sit quietly at the table and wait for their portion. I recommend you try them too. You can find the recipe in the rows below.
Ingredients for eggplant stuffed with tomatoes and feta cheese:
- 5 eggplants, 6 tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, 100 ml of sunflower oil
- Salt, greens (dill, parsley)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, 200 g Feta cheese
How to prepare eggplant stuffed with tomatoes and feta cheese?
We wash and dry the eggplants, then cut their tails. We cut the eggplant in circles, but not to the end. We need to cut them so that we can open the circles and place the filling.
If the eggplants are bitter, it is recommended to soak them in salted water for 15 minutes, then rinse them and dry them with paper towels.
Grease a heat-resistant dish with sunflower oil. Grease the eggplant with oil and sprinkle salt on them. Cut the tomatoes into slices and place them among the eggplant slices.Knead the feta cheese and mix it with chopped garlic and sour cream. Add greens to taste. Spread half a teaspoon of cheese between the slices of tomatoes and eggplant.
Put the eggplant in the pan so that the filling does not fall. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake the eggplant for about 60 minutes.
After they are baked, let them cool for about 10 minutes, then grease them with the remaining cheese mixture. Sprinkle the greens on top. We serve eggplant with our loved ones. Good appetite and increase cooking!
1. Preheat the oven to 220C. In a large bowl, mix the eggplant slices with 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Put the eggplant in a tray lined with baking sheets, in a single layer, then bake for 10-12 minutes until soft and slightly colored.
2. Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until it starts to soften. Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes, then remove from the heat.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C. Put half of the eggplant in a bowl, in a single layer. Pour half of the Neapolitan sauce, put the mozzarella slices on top, then mix the onion mixture and half the basil leaves. Cover with the remaining eggplant, the other half of the sauce and grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Leave in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with the remaining basil leaves and serve with a lettuce.
You have to see it too.